Monday 29 September 2008

Courage, My Love

Today I was captivated by the life of Amelia Earhart. I’d known of her vanguard flights before, and of her mysterious demise, but I hadn’t realized the scope of her adventures and her courage.
I was most certainly inspired! And inspiration grows on no trees in my wood lot. So here are a few of the inspirational quotes I came across, to accompany these photos of the beautiful Miss Earhart:

"Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace."

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward."

"Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be a challenge to others."

"Worry retards reaction and makes clear-cut decisions impossible."

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself."

No comments: