Friday 22 January 2010

how f*cking romantic





i loves me The Magnetic Fields. i believe 69 Long Songs to be one of the most brilliant collections of music ever produced, and Stephin Merritt to be an absolute genius. so imagine my joy when i discovered that a group of London based comicbook artists, illustrators and writers have set out to illustrate all 69 songs and will be posting it all on their website!! :D i've posted my favourite so far, drawn by Tom Humberstone, along with the song it was inspired by (see above). enjoy, and have a fabulous weekend! xo [click on images to enlarge]

4 comments:

AlicePleasance said...

How great! I adore Magnetic Fields as well and Stephen Merritt has the sexiest voice ever! I listened to their new album right today on Myspace Music: love! Did you listened to it too?

BaronessVonVintage said...

omg, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Magnetic Fields (esp. Busby Berkeley Dreams and All My Little Words). Thanks for the graphica!

Kitty Stampede said...

I'm a Huge fan...my absolute fav song is Strange Powers. This is such a cool idea...can't wait to see it and buy it.

Toosdai said...

oh my GOODNESS! i am SO EXCITED! agh, thank you for sharing!!