Friday 1 October 2010

juliane eirich



German born photographer Juliane Eirich does most of her work under cover of night. in her own words [taken from her artist statement]:
Night photography is slow and calm, but at the same time the very precise process that suits me and my way of working. I like the way I can focus at night, since there is less distraction -- both visually and acoustically -- than during the day. The artificial, rendering-like aesthetic, the light and color atmosphere that can be found during night, appeals to me and matches my understanding of beauty.

interesting to me that i should stumble upon Juliane's work on this particular day, when i'd been pondering the mechanics of night photography in preparation for tomorrow's events [i'll explain later]. i love the silence in these photos. i want to be there when she takes them.

1 comment:

Imelda said...

Beautiful pictures!